Monday, March 8, 2010

How to make a silky water - case of Costa Rica and Tel Aviv's coasts

I was asked several times about the picture of the blog. Where was it taken? How? etc.
So, taking photos of beaches looks as a simple task but there are few factors that can impact your final image. The pictures that I will show here (and more of it can be watched at Greatphotoshop.com and in my Gallery) were taken part of it by film and the others digitally.
The first picture of the silky water was taken with my old Minolta 7, and Fujifilm Velvia 50 ASA (the best film I used ever).Data for this slide was:
• F/22 in order to have depth of field and,
• 2min shutter speed in order to make the waves to a silky dream. There are several concepts of how to capture water. Usually the common practice for making silky water in waterfall or a river is 1Min. In order to transform the sea waves into silky water it must have to be longer than 2 second.
The place is at Manuel Antonio's beach - Costa Rica. It was a rainy evening but I couldn't resist going and shooting. It was very lucky, that the fisherman on the rocks almost didn't move (photo No. 5). I scanned this slide at Shevah and played a little with Photoshop.
Costa Rica - Manuel Antonio at night




Another one from this night



Next post I will talk more about the "how to do it" based on photography session at Tel Aviv's harbor.


CU

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]


No comments:

Post a Comment